Can include any course-related task within reason. List of common duties include:
- grading tests, quizzes, homework, and class projects
- reviewing course materials with undergraduate students
- proctoring exams for undergraduate courses
- record retention for both department and faculty members
- making copies of exams, quizzes, class handouts, etc.
- participating in grading sessions for joint departmental exams
- dropping off/picking up tests at the testing center
- data entry
- holding additional office hours on behalf of faculty member
- organizing faculty offices and files
- helping the department with extra tasks as assigned
Spring 2020 GAs will be required to attend a mandatory training session on January 17, 2020 as well as complete online training in your first week of employment.
Example GA Agreement
These requirements are only for graduate assistants employed by the Department of Accounting.
Graduate Assistant Application
Please complete this application. Be sure to upload your resume and class schedule. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Will you be working an additional job if hired as a Graduate Assistant? Please note, you cannot work two on-campus jobs simultaneously, however, working an external job does not disqualify you from becoming a GA. By providing information about your job and work schedule, we will try to accommodate based on your availability.
I certify that all information on this form and attached resume is accurate.
Typing your name in the box below will serve as a signature.