Reasons to Join Beta Alpha Psi
- Opportunities to network with firms, other highly productive students, and professionals
- Ability to show you are a productive, well-rounded student who maintains a high GPA, gives back to the community, interacts with other professionals, and shows an indication that you will integrate well into the professional world.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Beta Alpha Psi is also a great way to create interpersonal relationships with other like-minded students and allows you to be part of a network of students who take many of the same classes as you.
- Opportunities to attend regional and national conferences throughout the US
Requirements for Candidacy
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.2 OR a 3.4 GPA for their last 30 hours.
- Must be an Accounting, CIS or Finance major, OR be considering majoring in one of these disciplines.
- Must be currently enrolled in ACC 3313, FIN 3312, or CIS 3380 or have earned an A in Intro to Financial Accounting (an “Accounting Star”)
- Must have attained a cumulative grade average in upper-level accounting courses (or upper-level FIN or CIS courses for information systems majors) of at least 3.0
- Must not graduate at the end of this semester.
- Must meet the above requirements with the following adjustment made to GPA.
- Degree seeking graduate students shall be eligible for membership when they have been accepted and matriculated into a master’s degree level accounting, finance, or computer information systems program and, if not in their first semester, have maintained a 3.0 GPA
The Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) application below must be submitted no later than midnight on Monday, September 13th.