Before enrolling for an Internship:
Carefully read the Texas State University Department of Accounting Internship Policy.
- Study the Evaluation of Intern form (in the linked policy above) and be sure that you are prepared to score highly on each criterion
- Interview for an internship. Determine that it will meet all requirements listed in Texas State University Department of Accounting Internship Policy
- Fill in and sign the Internship Application
During the internship:
Keep and submit a weekly journal comprising a chronological list of all work experience gained during the internship. This should be in one document with a heading for each week.
Submit the journal entries weekly via CANVAS drop box.
- Rate yourself periodically on the Evaluation of Intern form to increase the odds that a permanent position will be offered.
After the internship:
Write and timely submit a paper demonstrating the knowledge gained from the internship. (see page 2 of the policy document for more information)
Submit your final journal of work experience
- Have employer submit to the faculty coordinator:
- Intern’s Duties and Supervision form or equivalent
- Evaluation of Intern or equivalent
Before the Internship:
Carefully read the Texas State University Department of Accounting Internship Policy
Reach agreement on internship(s) with student(s)
- For each student, provide Internship Objectives and Training Program form or equivalent, which includes:
- Objectives to be met during the internship,
- A description of work assignments to be performed, and
- A description of the formal training program you will provide
After the Internship:
Provide to each student and faculty coordinator:
Intern’s Duties and Supervision form or equivalent
Evaluation of Intern form or equivalent