APPS 5.04.03 Process for Changing the Rating of Journals and/or Deleting Journals from the Active Journal List
Department of Accounting
McCoy College of Business Administration
Texas State University
APPS 5: Personnel Evaluation, Reappointment, Merit and Promotion Decisions
APPS 5.04.03: Process for Changing the Rating of Journals and/or Deleting Journals from the Active Journal List
The Department of Accounting maintains an Active Journal List to aid in assessing the quality of publications across a diverse discipline. This policy describes the process to delete or change the rating of a journal to the Active Journal List.
2.0 PROPOSING CHANGES AND DELETIONS
The participating faculty of the Department of Accounting will review the Active Journal List at least once every two years. Any participating faculty member in the Department of Accounting may propose changing the rating of, or deleting a journal currently on the Department’s Active Journal List. Proposals for changing the rating of, or deleting, a journal currently on the Active Journal List should include the following information:
- Current rating and proposed rating.
- An explanation as to why the rating should be changed or the journal deleted.
- A summary of the journal’s target audience and objectives.
- The journal’s publisher and editor.
- The following measures from Cabell’s Scholarly Analytics: Journal Citation Reports Journal Impact Factor, Cabell’s Classification Index, “difficulty of acceptance”, and acceptance rate.
- Whether the journal is listed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI).
- The journal’s rating on the Australian Dean’s Business Council’s (ADBC) most recent rating of journal quality. If the journal is not listed on the ADBC, indicate this.
- A description of the journal’s review process (e.g., double bind peer review).
- Length of average journal article.
- Any other information the proposer views as useful in helping faculty to evaluate the journal’s quality and fit with the Accounting Department’s mission.
Proposals for journal deletions and changes in rating will be sent to the Department of Accounting’s representative on the McCoy Research Committee, who will share those proposals with the Department’s participating faculty.
3.0 VOTING ON CHANGES AND DELETIONS
The tenured faculty of the Department of Accounting will review any proposed changes and deletions and will vote to accept or reject each proposal. Normally, this vote will be conducted by the Department’s representative to the McCoy Research Committee. However, if the Department’s representative is untenured, the Chair of the Department of Accounting may choose a tenured faculty member to conduct the vote.
Votes may be placed in a ballot box in the departmental office or may be submitted electronically. Votes will be counted by the faculty conducting the vote and by a tenured faculty member.
This APPS has been approved by the reviewers listed below and represents the Accounting Department policy and procedure from the date of the document until superseded.
Review Cycle: September 1, E5Y
To Be Reviewed: September 1, 2019