VITA Tax Clinic
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
In addition to VITA, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. The IRS-certified volunteers who provide tax counseling are often retired individuals associated with non-profit organizations that receive grants from the IRS.
Do I Need to Make an Appointment?
No appointment is necessary. Walk-ins are welcome!
What Should I Bring with Me?
- Valid Photo ID
- All relevant tax forms (W-2, 1098, 1099, etc.)
- Name, address and identification number for childcare provider
- Proof of bank account for direct deposit of anticipated refund (e.g. voided check for form from your bank)
- Social security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards you, your spouse and dependents
- Health insurance information:
- Proof of insurance for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents (including number of months covered)
- Forms 1095-A and 1095-B (if relevant, the IRS will TO YOU before you file your tax return)
- Exemption Certificate Number
Search opens in 2023!