2018 VITA Tax Clinic
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to taxpayers who qualify.
February 12—March 28 (Closed for spring break 3/12 & 3/14)
Hours of Operation:
Mondays & Wednesdays 11:30—1:30 PM in LBJ 3-6.1
Please arrive no later than 1:00 PM to give plenty of time to process returns by closing time.
Directions to LBJ can be found here.
How do I sign up?
No appointment necessary. Walk-ins are welcome!
What do I bring?
- A copy of last year's tax Taxpayer's proof of identity (PHOTO ID)
- All relevant tax forms (W-2, 1098, 1099, etc.)
- Name, address, and identification number for childcare provider
- Proof of account for direct deposit or refund (e.g. voided check)
- Social security card and/or ITIN notices/cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
- NEW: Health Insurance (ACA)
- Proof of health insurance for taxpayer, spouse & dependents (including number of months covered)
- Forms 1095-A and 1095-B (if applicable, the IRS will send TO YOU prior to you filling out your taxes)
- Exemption Certificate Number (ECN)
For any questions regarding the VITA clinic, please send an email to VITA@txstate.edu.
For free tax return preparation after March 28, please visit the IRS VITA webpage to find a location near you.